Friday, August 16, 2013

Cedar Key Spoonbill

Cedar Key Spoonbill
Oil   5x7
 
In July, we traveled to mid-Florida to the crystal clear springs along that area.  While there, we rode on down to Cedar Key, a neat little town with the feel of Old Florida--no high rises--just that laid back fishing village atmosphere.  I was SO delighted when we started across the marsh and spotted a flock of pink spoonbills standing in the water.  I had seen photos but never in the wild.  I couldn't shoot photos fast enough. What a treat! 
 
This was so much fun to paint. I love the reflection in the water and, of course, the beautiful variations of pink in the bird.  Hope you enjoy my Cedar Key experience as much as I did.
 
Have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Is this for sale? I may want it for my mom. She has always had a thing for pink flamingos.

    ReplyDelete