Friday, March 14, 2014

Red Head    

Red Head
Oil  5x7

You know how much I love to paint roosters.  They have attitude!  And it's so much fun to try to capture that look.  I like that bright red comb--can't get enough red. 

Have I ever told you about the time I got spurred by a rooster?  It really hurt and I really cried, plus I didn't know what had attacked me from behind.  I was about 12 years old--visiting my cousins.  They had a mean ole rooster, and I was leaned against their screen door one summer evening telling them a long goodbye when out of nowhere, something flung against me and my legs were in immense pain.  I was hurt and frightened.  The rooster had dug it's spurs into my legs and I had blood streaming down.  That rooster didn't live to see the sun rise again--my uncle made sure of that.  

Our rooster has attitude, but I know he would never harm an innocent little girl lingering much longer than necessary to bid farewell and end an afternoon of fun.

Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment