Thursday, February 14, 2013

Italian Arch  8x8 Oil
 
One year ago this week, I was in a very informative oil painting class in Atlanta conducted by two very talented artists, Dreama Tolle Perry and Leslie Saeta.  Be sure and check out the websites for both these artists.  Dreama uses bright sunny colors and a "loose" technique and Leslie paints totally with a palette or painting knife.  It was a great experience, learning new techniques and meeting many very talented artist.  I spent a week totally immersed in painting.  The above Italian arch was one of the paintings we completed.  Since I'm a rather detailed painter, it was fun and helpful to loosen up and put down patches of color with very little blending.  I love the clothes hanging over that beautiful arch--so different from scenes here in the U.S.
 
In my next post, I will post one of the palette knife paintings I did from Leslie's class. 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!




4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you are going to Blog. Looking forward to following you. That painting brings back memories. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It has been fun. The class was a good time and one of the best parts was making a new friend--you! So glad you stayed with us. Miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, Congratulations on your new blog! I've been trying to find you. Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog. It's hard to believe that it's been one year since we met at Leslie and Dreama's workshop. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda! The blog has been fun but needs some fine tuning. I loved that workshop and am loving your paintings. I think about you looking out over that beautiful marsh every day. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete