Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 9 - 30 Day Challenge

Pink Rose
Oil  6x6
 
A pink rose for your Monday morning.  We off on running on Week 2 of the Challenge.  I like all the curves and ruffles in this rose.  Trying to get depth in a pastel flower is a challenge, but the answer to that dilemma is practice,  practice. 
 
Last week I attended a 2 day workshop with Barbara Janeicke, a very accomplished pastel artist.  However, the workshop was a "composition boot camp".  We worked strictly on simplifying the landscape and getting values correctly.  It was very good and something I need to work on.  With nothing major on my calendar (yet), it should be a little easier to work in the paintings this week. 
 
Thank you all for cheering me on!  I love it!

5 comments:

  1. The light plays well with this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  2. Judy, I am really enjoying your flower series. Dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. And I'm enjoying seeing your paintings every day also. Makes me want to come to Hilton Head. This has been so much fun.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Linda. I'm also enjoying your paintings.

    ReplyDelete