Monday, September 2, 2013

The Last of the Hydrangeas

Last of the Hydrangeas
Oil   8x8
 
 
I picked these from our yard and got the last blooms except for a few lace caps.  I placed these in a tea glass and started painting.  I enjoy painting glass and seeing the different colors reflected.  Of course, the flowers are fun too. 
 
I have joined artist Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge for the month of September.  Now that is a challenge!  Leslie suggested that we choose a theme for the month.  Leslie issued this same challenge in January of this year, and I followed some of the artists at that time.  I thought about throwing my hat in the ring, but just coming off the Christmas holiday, I felt I needed some down time.  However, I promised myself that the next time she issued the challenge, I would take her up on it, so here I am today.
 
I will start out with florals, but will probably choose other subject matter as the days progress.  The object is to paint some every day; try new techniques and just have fun putting paint to canvas.  I can't say I will paint every day but I'll sure give it a try.  We'll see where this road leads.  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment