Monday, September 30, 2013

The Last Day -- Day 30 -- 30 Day Challenge

Orchid
Oil   6x6
 
For the Last Day of the Challenge, we have the elegant, regal orchid.  I thought it only appropriate to end this journey with a special flower (of course, all flowers are special). 
 
This has been a very rewarding journey for me in so many ways. First, I exceeded my own expectations in that I did paint every day even though I didn't think I would.  I met some wonderful friends online from around the country and world. Even though I'm not new to the internet, I still find that so amazing.  I feel that I've taken steps forward in my painting ability and managing time to paint.  I honestly don't believe any of this would have happened if it had not been for all of you--my wonderful friends and fans.  You have taken your time to follow my progress and send comments and it has built up my excitement and energy level and kept me interested and focused on the challenge ahead.  You cannot know how encouraging and supportive you have been, and how important that is to anyone on a quest. 
 
Also, my sweet husband has made it possible to paint, post, etc. for so many hours every day by helping out with everything at home and being my biggest fan and cheerleader.  He never complained but instead went above and beyond to make things easier for me.  My children kept up with each and every painting and kept encouraging me along the way.  So good to have a fan club right here at home.
 
It has been fun and I'm so glad you came along on my Wild Ride.  Even though I must catch up on some things at home, stay tuned to see what we might have in store going forward.  Thank you ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!  I couldn't have--wouldn't have--done it without you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Judy dear - it has been a pleasure to follow your flower paintings through this challenge. I love this orchid and your color sense is flawless.
    A pat on the back to your family for the support during the challenge. It is very important to have that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet you Judy through this 30 in 30 challenge! love your orchid and other flowers as well! You have a unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Julie and Prerana! I too have enjoyed following your art through this challenge. It has been fun and rewarding and I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy this is so beautiful! Your work is so joyful! Congrats and best wishes, Hope to see you here again in January!

    ReplyDelete