Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year's Eve

Savage Barn
Oil  5x7
 
This barn was located just across the highway from my house. However, it disappeared from the landscape a few years ago.  Thankfully, I took several photos for future reference and finally decided to paint it.  The barn was owned by Mr. Savage.  Since the saying is "out with the old--in with the new", I thought it appropriate to end the year with a painting of something old. 
 
I want to express my heartfelt thanks to each of you for traveling on this journey with me for the past 11 months--since I started my blog.  I was so hesitant to start a blog, but it has truly been a blessing as I have made so many new friends both near and far, and I feel that I have grown in my art endeavors.  I have received around 5,000 visits during this time and am humbled by the response!  Your support, encouragement and friendship have inspired me to try harder, to believe in myself and reach for higher goals.  Thank you so very much!!!
 
Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment