Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Here's Lookin' At You

Here's Lookin' At You
Oil    8x8
 
Another rooster in my rooster series, and I think he's my favorite.  I love that look as he's walking away and taking a last look back.  I've always had a fascination with painting rooster--don't ask my why.  I also collect them (or I did)--ceramic ones, that is.  I've never been an avid collector of anything.  I get a few and then I'm done, but I have enough--all I need--to enjoy their pretty shapes and colors.  This painting was done with a palette knife, and I like the textures I was able to achieve using the knife as opposed to a brush. 
 
I don't know about all of you, but I'm busy as a bee cleaning and decorating and getting ready for the holidays and enjoying every minute of it.  About to start some baking and getting ready for a few longtime friends to come over this weekend and share some sweet treats. 
 
Wishing all of you a joyous holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment