Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Happy New Year and a New Year's Snowman

New Year's Snowman
Pastel   5x7

I always have some sadness when the holiday season comes to a close, but we must move on to the possibilities of a new year and all that it might bring.  So I've painted this little snowman to wish you the very best in this brand new year and to announce that I have once again thrown my hat (or brush) into the ring to participate in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  This is my second time around.  Already the 2014 is shaping up to be a busy one, so wish me luck as I launch into this journey. 

As you notice under the title, this painting was done with pastels.  I've described these a bit in the past for my non painter friends and followers.  They are pigment which has just enough binder to press the paint into sticks and is much like chalk.  It glides on smoothly and is a fun and challenging medium to paint with, especially someone who is inexperienced in this medium--that would be me.   





1 comment: