Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Look On The Bright Side   

Look On The Bright Side
Oil  8x8

If you are a member of my Facebook Fan Page, then you are familiar with this painting as I had it for my timeline photo for some time.  But I wanted to post it here and tell you a little story about how it got it's title. Most of the time, when I think of a painting a title usually pops into my head right away.  But for this painting, I thought of several titles over a period of days, but nothing seemed to click. 

Back last spring, my husband and I were having lunch on a beautiful day on our deck.  When we finished, I said "that was a lousy lunch, but the good thing about a lousy lunch is that we don't eat much!"  He laughed and replied that I could always find the good everything.  And I replied that you just have to look on the bright side.  Afterwards, I was still laughing to myself about that conversation and as I walked by and looked at this painting, I knew immediately I had found the title I was looking for--look on the bright side.  

Life throws curve balls and sometimes it is difficult or even impossible to look on the bright side, but this painting helps remind me to always strive to "look on the bright side".  

Hope you have a wonderful, bright day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment