Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Meet the Artist


As I told you a while back, I have a solo exhibit at Peach State Bank & Trust in Gainesville, Georgia.  It will be on exhibit through June of this year--only two artists per year have the privilege of exhibiting.  They recently asked that I participate in a Meet the Artist reception which was held yesterday.  Oh yes, I was the artist--yay.  It wasn't the best day for having it with all the weather scare, but it was so much fun.  The top photo is showing that we are all set up and ready for the event.  Some asked that I post photos of the exhibit, but it is such a large, long room that it is very difficult to get a good photo.  In the bottom photo, I'm doing a demonstration on how to paint a snowman.  This was my first time going out on that limb.  Amazingly, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Maybe I'm not such a lone ranger painter after all.  It was a fun day. 

To all of you who are local, I apologize profusely for not sending you an invitation.  This was my first rodeo and I left everything up to the bank instead of doing my part on getting the word out.  I promise the next time around, you'll be first on the invitation list--that's a promise!  

Have a wonderful, snowy, chilly winter day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Judy! It is so scary to do a solo reception without even considering inclement weather. Your work is amazing and your local fans will love celebrating your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liana! I really appreciate your comments. It was a little scary but ended up being fun even though we did have a slim crowd. Glad I did it.

    ReplyDelete